Saturday, January 09, 2010

The right tool for the job.

I just got back from Peter Miller Books, one of my favorite haunts for getting hit over the head with inspiration. Among the artfully curated array of architectural books, gadgets and ephemera of a highly refined design aesthetic there are pens. I love pens. There are pencils, too. Many many many pencils. But I'm a pen guy. (There are 2 kinds of people in this world...)

Having picked up a couple of new Tombos to add to my quiver, I remembered this photo image of knives that I took while on a writing /performance retreat at Smoke Farm a couple of summers ago.





You've got your  pairing knife, your serrated bread knife, your French knife, your cleaver...


And you've got your ballpoints, felt tips, rollerballs and fountain pen.



Choose your weapon...