Thursday, October 08, 2009

Christianity on Sale!

I have a confession:  My girlfriend and I shopped the Outlet Mall the other day—and it was my idea.

Yes, it's true. (Slightly ironic, too, since Outlet Mall shopping is pretty close to my vision of hell.)

I'll resist regaling you with anecdotes of bargains-had and the Goodwill donations that are surely in our future. The most interesting thing to me - other than the cyclone that seemed to have blown through the Polo store - was that Christianity has a retail outpost at the Outlet Mall!


"I am not paying retail for my religion, so help me God!!"

I've never given it much thought, but I guess it makes sense that there exist Christian sundry items that go begging at their traditional retail stores. Seconds. Rejects. Lightly used religious regalia.  Calendars with misquoted bible verse? The Jesus pepper grinder that didn't quite meet sales projections.  Everyone loves a bargain - God-fearing or not.

God bless the bargain hunter.
Peace be with you.